Monday, April 27, 2009

A Nostalgic Night @ The Mint with Fastball

The Attic is back after another great show in LA. This night was less chaotic when compared to my last outing, at the Hotel Cafe. Fastball provided the climatic end to a very serene night. Tony Scalzo (lead guitarist and pianist pictured above) provided one of my favorite showings of raw talent when he seamlessly moved from playing a piano mid song to a guitar. After their solid performance I was fortunate enough to meet both Tony and Miles Zuniga (lead singer pictured below). Tony and I briefly discussed his musical origins, where he stated the piano was the first instrument he learned. Miles on the other hand, provided Kevin and I with some light hearted conversation.
Overall I would say Fastball definitely has some great work ahead of them. Their newest album had some catchy tunes which displayed each members ken sense of music. One of my favorite tracks that they played Saturday can be viewed below. Lastly I beseech you Attic-addicts to take a stroll down memory lane and watch Fastballs' 10,000th live performance of their biggest hit The Way. I will throw in an extra video for you guys once Youtube stops being lame (server maintenance for 2-3hrs wow). Anyways Enjoy the video below. Attic out!!!





Now that Youtube has finally gone back to normal enjoy an extra sampling of Fastball live at the Mint. This one is for all you hardcore Fastball junkies.

1 comment:

  1. nice dude. good stuff. i like the new logo, btw. super official. yeah, man i would def do some nyc reporting from random concerts i make it to out here, but i must warn you that i haven't been to any in a good while. here are the last couple:

    http://tomatoscoop.blogspot.com/2008/10/cold-war-kids-mh-of-williamsburg.html

    http://tomatoscoop.blogspot.com/2008/12/charm-your-way-across-khyber-pass.html

    or hit "sactunes" on the archive tags. oh and you know i gotta rep my boy bing. im on it.

    ReplyDelete