Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Inaugural Address




Last night was arguably the best night of my life in some regards. To preface everything, I have been a loyal follower of Vanessa Carlton since high school so it was natural for me to be ever so enthralled by her recent concert announcements--the first of which included a stop at the Hotel Cafe. Now, I would consider myself a veteran of the Vanessa Carlton concert scene with five concerts under my belt. I have even gone as far as seeing her open for Stevie Nicks (who I knew nothing about at the time). On a side note you should def check Stevie Nicks out lol, anyway, I digress.

One word can sum up the awe-inspiring performance Vanessa displayed last night at the Hotel Cafe and that is....mellifluous. Her music was so breathtakingly inspiring that it moved me to create this blog. Standing and listening to her amazing piano skills made me realize how there is a whole other world out there waiting to be exposed. Hollywood provides a stupendous playground for up and coming artists and musicians that are true to music itself, like Vanessa. It's like a blank canvas, where musicians of all genres can create their expressionist masterpiece.

This post is dragging on but to sum things up, I am taking on a very personal and ambitious project, that is: to discover the undiscovered, seek out artists that are still in the midst of creating their own legacy in music. To do this, I will frequent the copious amounts of small venues within Hollywood and its surrounding cities. Hopefully this project blossoms into something grand, thus providing whoever stumble upon it with superlative sagacity in art and music.

As a final thought I encourage everyone young and old to pick up an instrument and learn how to make music. It is an amazing experience how music can pull and yank at your very core and move you in ways you thought you couldn't be moved before. Oh and look forward to video posts and pics in the coming time. Lastly, I have to give thanks to Vanessa Carlton for inspiring me to do this and more importantly for taking time out after the concert to meet with her fans like myself and sign autographs.

--Go conquer the world one note at a time
Bing

2 comments:

  1. though too rhetorically ornate, this is a very heartfelt piece on Vanessa Carlton's music at the Hotel Cafe. i enjoyed it a lot. as a matter of fact, i couldn't help feeling a little inspired myself. way to go Robert! keep it coming..

    by the way, i wouldn't mind going out to these types of events myself, so invite me the next time you decide to go out again

    Hamlet

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo bing. welcome to the blogosphere. you know what my first suggestion is going to be: blue judy. they usually play on sunset (show last week at the Mint) so keep an eye out. other than that, I would take a look at whats going down at South by Southwest (austin, tx) because alot of good up-comers make it out there (blue judy, last year) and you can start your search there. oh, speaking of: elizabeth and the catapults. they're solid. and for another popsta: lenka. she is aussie and is def on her way up. ok. i think thats a long enough comment.. for now

    ReplyDelete