Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Start of Something Great?





Kina Grannis, bet you never heard of her. She is a beautiful young aspiring musician, the antithesis of unpleasantly sounding melodies. Her inventive writing and soft voice can only captivate audiences, clearly making her a perfect choice for my next review. If you or anyone you know has nothing to do Saturday night, then might I suggest an intimate evening with the harmonious sounds of Kina Grannis at the Hotel Cafe. Her performance starts promptly at 9pm, however, I would suggest coming early. If you cannot make that (waving fist violently in the air thinking how one could miss such a great young musician) then check out her myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/kinagrannis. Better yet, for those lazy web surfers out there I have provided a few choice videos showcasing the raw talent that is Kina Grannis. Enjoy.










--A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence.
~Leopold Stokowski

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could go, but I'm all the way in Chicago. But I do agree that Kina Grannis is a great artist and it is totally worth going to see her. I just wish I lived in California, I wouldn't miss any of her shows.

    -Luis from Chicago-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert I am really digging your site. Kina Grannis is a really good find. I appreciate how she can transform her somber lyrics and sadness into something beautiful with her amazing voice. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. -Creepo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn Robert, I gotta give you some props on the site. Pretty damn good work you've done.

    ReplyDelete