Friday, May 1, 2009

Another Surprisingly Enjoyable Night Headlined by Michelle Armstrong





Last night was another night that reaffirmed the Attic is doing something amazing. You see, one of my focal points with this site is to get out and support amazing singer/songwriters like Michelle Armstrong (pictured above) by sharing their talent not only online but getting friends and random Attic followers to see live shows. It's a simple formula at these smaller venues: the more fans you draw, the nicer chunk of change these very deserving musicians walk away with. Now tell me who is against helping out starving up and coming musicians, especially those that write passionate and soulful melodies.



Now onto a brief recap of the night. It would be remiss of me to first not give an Attic shout out to my surprise guests last night, Alfredo and his very stunning girlfriend Kriss. The Attic thanks you both for coming out and supporting Michelle last night and (Kriss thanks for the Johnny West suggestion). Moving right along, Michelle had a surprisingly stronger performance than I could have ever anticipated. She even amazed the Attic's impecunious sidekick Hamlet (who is a much harsher critic). Michelle had a very rich and mature sounding voice last night. Add a solid band behind her with two members being alumni to the prestigious USC School of Music then you have the making of one captivating show. Unfortunately I was not able to shoot any film of her breathtaking performance but instead I have found this video that displays the sheer talent that is Michelle Armstrong.






Since Mother Day is just around the corner I have to mention how awesome Michelle's Mom and Dad were. They both were manning the merchandise counter selling their daughters (must own Apples) CD. I was fortunate enough to share my new passion of writing and covering talented musicians like their daughter with them. The surprising thing to me was how receptive both her parents were, which reaffirms to me that the Attic is here to stay. Michelle's affable parents made it possible for me to snag a photo and actually mention the blog to Michelle.


Michelle's radiant personality really came through during my brief meeting with her. She was very interested in the site and for that I say thanks. Lastly I hope anyone that stumbles upon this little ole blog stops by Michelle's myspace page or better yet purchase her albums because honestly speaking, she is a true musician at heart. Here's my last parting gift to you Attic readers. Enjoy and more is on its way. Attic Out!!






Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius

5 comments:

  1. great post robert. Michelle is really talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome site Saunderson! I love the official logo you have, and her music too! Good vibes! :P
    ~Dante

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a bomb site!!!! I'm glad you're putting those talented artists out there that don't get the recognition they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm for sure going to get that CD. She's really good and beautiful haha. I gotta catch her at her next performance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yo Robert! It's alex, I was the guitarist for Michelle and met you after the show. Cool blog! I really enjoyed perusing around. I'll keep checking back for sure. And if you feel like checking out my band, hit up www.myspace.com/yoyamusic we'll be playing live more in late summer, but we have plenty of stuff going on right now! check out our music, videos, and I think you might find some other new artists that you'll like if you read our blogs. seeya around hollwood!

    ReplyDelete