Tuesday, May 5, 2009

LA's Newest Hip-Hop Sensation: U-N-I



The Attic has been moved yet again by another Hip-Hop duo by the name of U-N-I. I first stumbled upon this great hip-hop group while finishing a long arduous accounting degree at UC Riverside. They provided a great stress reliever between my jam packed class schedule. The most memorable song that they played at UCR had to of been their ode to Fat Girls. That song pretty much sums up what U-N-I is all about, fun light hearted rap.

Bells are ringing kids and their textbook filled backpacks are jostling to their classes. As I finally reach my new class I take a glance down at my schedule, it reads Hip-Hop 101 with Professors "Thurzday & Y-O". I quickly take a seat, while wiping the beads of sweat dripping from my forehead. I can't help but notice the Professors ken sense of style. It's as if they cleaned out a Thrift store and pieced things together to make a flawless outfit. One word can describe their sense of style...retro. Thurzady introduces himself formally as Yannick Koffi and briefly explains his origins from Inglewood California. Y-O follows Thurzday's lead and tells this jam packed class his formal name Yonas Semere Michaels. He again reiterates his origins from Inglewood as well. Thurzday urges the class and viewers sitting in via The Attic to watch the video below. He states "you can see our role in the resurgence of the Los Angeles rap scene in the video below."



Ok enough with a quick short story. You now know and have heard U-N-I. These talented rappers will be performing live at the Vipper Room tonight. Come out and support this already critically acclaimed group. U-N-I has already won a MTV VMA and they aren't even signed yet. They are considered to be LA's Best Breakout Artist based off of the VMA award. If that doesn't get you excited to see them live then hit the video below and make your way to their myspace page [U-N-I]where you can hear more of their soon to be hits. Attic out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment